At Georgia College, all undergraduate students are expected to complete a set of career planning benchmarks that follow a four-year career planning model. Known as the GC Career Planning Milestones, these benchmarks give students the opportunity to begin planning and preparing for their careers from their day at GC. Students can use the GC Career Planning Milestones Guide to keep up with career planning activities that will take you from first-year to graduation.
The Career Center provides students with a variety of ways to complete the Career Planning Milestones. The Career Center tracks all career activities completed through our programs ad services. View the steps below to begin getting ready for the next step on your path to success.
- Focus 2 Career Assessment Take this career assessment in your first semester at GC. Use the access code "Thunder" to create an account. All first-year students have the opportunity to review their Focus 2 results through a group session in their First Year Academic Seminar. Transfer students and others seeking individual advising should also schedule an individual appointment with a career advisor in the Career Center.
- Career Connection Job and Internship Database Career Connection users have access to over 2000 job and internship postings, over 5000 employer contacts, and a complete career event calendar. First-time users in the Class of 2020 and beyond should use the Career Connection link in Unify/Paws first to see if they have an account to activate. If not, then follow the same procedures as upperclassman. Upperclassman new users should create an account. If you are a returning user who used your Bobcats email as your username, then you should be able to login via Unify/Paws.
- Bring your resume to Resume Writing for First and Second Year Students on Thursdays at 11 a.m. or 2 p.m. in Lanier 140. Then make a follow-up appointment with the Career Center or attend a Resume Review Day
- Upperclassman can schedule an appointment with a career advisor or attend a Resume Review Day.
- Make updates to your resume and upload to Career Connection.
- Use your updated resume information to create a LinkedIn account.
- Use the Career Center to develop a Strategic Career Plan and complete a mock interview. Schedule an appointment or attend a Mock Interview Day.
- Use InterviewStream to continue practicing your interviewing skills from your computer or laptop.
- Attend one of our Internship Search Workshops on Tuesdays at 11 a.m. or 2 p.m. in Lanier 140 so that you can gain experience before you start your job or graduate school search.
- Attend one of our many career fairs to locate an internship, prepare for graduate school, or research job opportunities.
- Complete a 15-minute Senior Check-In appointment. Schedule these anytime throughout your final year in college.
- Seniors are encouraged to complete additional resume reviews, mock interviews, and career planning activities.
- Attend a career fair and a LinkedIn Meet-up to enhance your job and graduate school search strategies.
You have three different options for contacting us to make an appointment. If you are making an appointment for a specific class assignment, please have your syllabus handy so that we can help you determine the right appointment for your particular needs.
- Email us at email@example.com with your specific career need along with dates and times you are available.
- Stop by 110 Lanier Hall.
- Call us at 478-445-5384.
The Career Center hosts several Mock Interview Days each semester. Students can use Career Connection to sign-up for interviews with Career Center staff as well as employers who have volunteered their time. This option works great for students who must complete a mock interview as a class assignment.
- Make sure you have a Career Connection account. First-time users in the Class of 2020 and beyond should the Career Connection link in Unify/Paws first to see if they have an account to activate. Upperclassman new users should create an account. If you are a returning user who used your Bobcats email as your username, then you should be able to login via Unify/Paws.
- Once you have an account, upload a resume. The Career Center approves these within 1 - 2 business days.
- Once your resume is approved, go to the Campus Interview Schedule section to select the date and time that works for you. Pay close attention to the titles for the interview days so that you select one that pertains to you.
- Having issues? We can also sign up for you on Career Connection. Just drop by, call, or send us an email so we can help you.
- Imagine you just got a call for a job, internship, or graduate school interview. You want to practice with a mock interview, and we have you covered. Even if we don't have a Mock Interview Day scheduled, we can schedule you on our calendar.
- Call, visit, or email us to let us know what you are interviewing for along with your preferred dates and times. We will do our best to accommodate you.
- If we're completely booked, you can still use InterviewStream online to practice over 1,000 interview questions.