New Year’s Day is Sunday, January 1, 2017
This holiday is typically observed on the next business day if it takes place on a weekend day. Staff were surveyed, and 48% voted to move the observed New Year’s Day holiday to Monday, July 3, 2017 so the campus could have a four day weekend.
*CAMPUS CLOSED: Monday, December 24, 2018 (not a Paid Holiday).
Options for employees scheduled to work:
- Submit 8 hours of vacation leave on your timesheet.
- Work an alternate schedule, pre-approved by your supervisor, to make up the hours. Supervisors must submit the approved work schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, December 3, 2018.
- Submit uncompensated leave on your timesheet by December 3, 2018.
Printable Version: 2018 Holiday Calendar
2020 Holiday Information:
- New Year’s Day Holiday will be observed on Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Georgia College will re-open on Thursday, January 2, 2020
Printable Version: Holiday Calendar 2019